Domestic Skills Coach JobWaxahachie, TX 83286
Why You'll Love This Job
Daymark Living is a groundbreaking campus where adults with intellectual, cognitive or development disabilities can live, learn, and thrive. The campus sits on 40 acres near historic downtown Waxahachie and includes 28 cottages and community buildings for dining, fitness and education. The Domestic Skills Partner works directly with adults with intellectual, developmental or related disorders. The DSP monitors and provides assistance to special needs residents with the activities of daily living, as well as engagement in activities that promote a high level of health, well-being, engagement and growth. With our resident's average age in the 30's, our community is unique and fun where you engage with highly independent adults who are working on increasing their skills of independence.
- The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Support residents’ ability to perform activities of daily living through demonstration, observing and assisting.
- Activities of daily living include Bathing, toileting, oral care, dressing and grooming
- Completing daily cottage checks with residents and identifying areas of need and improvement.
- Prompt and assist residents with domestic chores.
- Documents services provided and reports observations to Resident Life.
- Assesses residents' current level of ability to complete ADL’s.
- Addresses areas of need from resident service plans, assists residents in setting goals, document and tracks progress.
- Passes medication under the delegation of the RN.
Skills & Qualifications
- Prefer at least 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Must at all times meet background checks as well as employability conditions of the Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR) and Nurse Aid Registry (NAR), as maintained by Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities (TDADS).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk a 20 acre campus, the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl when participating in recreation activities and sometimes in the elements of outdoors.
- Must be able to work a 4 on 2 off schedule which includes weekends and holidays.