Licensed Vocational Nurse – PRN JobWaxahachie, TEXAS 26955
Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This JobDaymark Living is a groundbreaking campus where adults with intellectual, cognitive or development disabilities can live, learn, and thrive. The campus sits on 40 acres near historic downtown Waxahachie and includes 28 cottages and community buildings for dining, fitness and education. The Nurse is responsible for monitoring and providing health care services as well as planning and coordinating opportunities for residents that promote a level of health, well-being, engagement and growth.
The Nurse at Daymark works directly with adult residents with intellectual, cognitive or developmental disabilities. Daymark promotes independent living in our residents with special needs, and our nurses are highly engaged in resident activities, having fun while providing professional and compassionate care. This position is PRN, but it will be the job that you most look forward to working!
- Interviews resident to determine medical problem/condition and documents in chart.
- Obtains and documents residents’ vital signs and weight and intervenes appropriately.
- Assists residents in scheduling medical, dental and laboratory appointments.
- Administers and documents medications in accordance to the five rights: right medication, right route, right resident, right time, and right dose.
- Provides medical treatments as ordered by physician.
- Provides services in accordance with nurse practice act.
- Supervises and monitors medications for residents who self-administer.
- Understands and implements the Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Plan and evacuation procedures of the community during drills and emergencies.
- Observes residents and reports condition changes to physicians, health care proxies, and supervisors.
- Supervises residents in self-care of medical equipment such as CPAP, glucometer, etc.
- Responds to resident and family inquiries and calls for assistance.
- Interacts with residents, guests and staff in at atmosphere of hospitality.
- Licensed to practice nursing in the State of Texas.
- Must at all times meet background checks as well as employability conditions of the Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR) and Nurse Aid Registry (NAR), as maintained by Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities (TDADS).