Resident Life Manager JobWaxahachie, TX 81539
Apply NowBack to All Jobs
The Resident Life Manager is responsible for assisting in the development and oversight of resident services, including planning and coordinating opportunities for residents that promote a level of health, well-being, engagement and growth.Apply Now
Why You'll Love This JobDaymark Living is a groundbreaking campus where adults with intellectual, cognitive or development disabilities can live, learn, and thrive. The campus sits on 40 acres near historic downtown Waxahachie and includes 28 cottages and community buildings for dining, fitness and education.
The Resident Life Manager is responsible for assisting in the development and oversight of resident services, including planning and coordinating opportunities for residents that promote a level of health, well-being, engagement and growth.
- Develops curricula and prepares training materials appropriate for the diverse needs of all residents.
- Oversees all resident activities on campus.
- Ensures that activities and programs provide physical, intellectual, social, vocational, emotional and spiritual opportunities for the residents.
- Organizes and attends community planned functions.
- Organizes and plans appropriate programs for holidays and special events.
- Oversees campus-wide calendar of events.
- Develops community newsletter. Meets with new residents to introduce the programs.
- Provides ongoing communication with residents and family members.
- Leads campus-wide wellness program.
- Oversees and coordinates campus volunteer.
- Maintains a database and prepares reports on resident assessments, participation and satisfaction.
- Interacts with residents, guests and staff in at atmosphere of hospitality.
- Protects the privacy of the resident when communicating oral and written information.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university. Preference for major in social science or education related fields.
- Preference for training and experience in Education, Activity Therapy, Recreation Therapy, Speech Therapy or Music Therapy.
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in similar environment.
- Must at all times meet employability conditions of the Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR) and Nurse Aid Registry (NAR), as maintained by Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities (TDADS).